MSI has unleashed its Windows 7 Tablet â the Msi WindPad 110W. This tablet is powered by the AMD C50 processor that runs at 1GHz clock speed and has two cores, just like iPad 2âs processor which is dual core. However, C50 processor is x86 which means that it can any desktop operating system out there, not just mobile ones like iOS and Android.
The 110W has 10.1 inch IPS 1280 x 800 pixel display and comes preloaded with Windows 7 OS and ships with 32GB / 64GB flash storage, expandable via its SD card slot. Other specs include 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, and 1x mini-HDMI.
MSI 110W vs iPad 2
- iPad 2 cannot run Windows 7 but you have bought it to make your life simple, not complex right?
- This MSI tablet runs Windows but cannot run iOS due to licensing issues (Apple does not license iOS to any other manufacture)
- Battery Life: While official battery runtimes of 110W are not yet official, TDP of an x86 processor will never be able to match the efficiency of an ARM processor (which iPad 2′ processor is based on)
- Dimensions: MSI tablet measures 271 x 183 x 15mm and iPad 2 measures 241.2Â x 185.7 x 8.8mm. Clearly, iPad 2 is nearly 2x thinner than 110W.
- Display: MSI 110W has bigger display â 10.1. iPad 2 has 9.7. It is also IPS type which means it is superior
- Resolution: 110W has better resolution, packing 1280 x 800 pixels. iPad 2 has 1024 x 768 pixels. Rumor has it that iPad 3 will have four times of that resolution
- Storage, RAM, Expandability: iPad 2 comes with 16GB / 32GB / 64GB flash storage which is non expandable. Some third party ways have popped up lately (like iPad wifi drive), but they are no way as efficient and easy-to-use as SD card slot that can be found on 110W. 110W also has 2GB RAM. iPad 2 comes with just 512MB RAM. It should be noted that iOS is a mobile OS and does not require a lot of resources to run, unlike Windows 7 which is MSIâs operating system.
- USB, HDMI Ports: MSI tablet has 1x USB 2.0 and 1x mini HDMIport. iPad has none. However, you can add HDMI capability by using iPad 2 HDMI cable as noted in our iPad 2 vs Acer A500 comparison.
- Weight: iPad 2 is lighter (601 grams). 110W weighs in at 850 grams.
- Price: The MSI 110W is expected to retail for 600 dollars which makes it a hundred dollar more expensive than entry level iPad 2.
You might want to check out our iPad vs Chrombook article for comparison between world most popular tablet vs Google’s latest offering for cheapstakes. And, if you are actually a cheapstake, read about this 300 dollar, Zte light tablet. It packs built in 3G and Wi-Fi too, but guess what, we still did not like it that much. Find more about it in iPad vs Zte tablet comparison.